Our business: extrusion
Extrusion is a continuous mechanical process, which consists of transforming the raw material (in the form of polyethylene granules) into a bubble which, after cooling, becomes a sheath. Once cooled and transformed, this sheath will be used as a basis for the manufacture of film, covers, bags, etc.
- The pellet mixture is fed into the screw of the extruder
- The heated screw transforms the material into a melt
- The "melt" is injected into the extrusion head and then through a die
- At the exit of the die, a blowing system makes it inflate, and gives it the shape of a tubular sheath
- The resulting sheath is then cooled and laid flat before being reeled.